Monday, September 17, 2007

My new identity

A little over a month ago, I got a new roommate. Prior to this, I had the same roommate for 5 1/2 years. That's longer than most Hollywood marriages. So, since this new roommate moved in, I have a new name in my ward. I am now known as "Leolani's roommate." I ran into my bishop on the A train one night. I said, "Hi." He said, "Hi, how's your new roommate working out?" On the way to church on Sunday, I saw another member of my ward who asked the same thing. I went to a ward activity at a member's house and, after introducing myself, she asked, "Oh, Sonya, are you Leolani's roommate?" My visiting teacher called to set up an appointment, and somehow asked how Leolani is doing BEFORE asking how I am doing. Isn't it her job to ask about me over and over and over. I'm surprised she didn't ask "Is there anything I can do for Leolani?"

No comments: