Thursday, September 6, 2007

my new favorite show

(that won't be the last time you read that title, btw)

Last year, there were so many new shows in the fall season that I was excited about, that I decided not to add "Friday Night Lights" to my list. For a few reasons: (1) I saw the movie and thought it was boring and overrated, (2) it's about football, (3) in Texas. When all the other new shows didn't pan out (i.e. "Brothers and Sisters," "The Nine," "Six Degrees") and FNL was getting great reviews (including the love and adoration of my roommate) I wanted to add it midseason. However, in this day and age, there's no reason to do that since you can just wait until the summer and get the whole season on DVD. Which is what I did last week. I've now seen the first four episodes and I'm hooked. It is so much more than football!

But... it is still about football. HIGH SCHOOL football. In Texas. Where high school football appears to be more important than anything else. Which is pretty weird.

No comments: