Saturday, September 8, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Today, I got the fall preview edition of Entertainment Weekly. This is the issue that I look forward to all year! This is when I start to chart out all the shows I'll be watching in the fall. Who's returning? What's new? What will take the place of Veronica Mars? Will people start watching 30 rock and Friday Night Lights? I love it all!

I haven't made it through the issue yet, in fact, I'm still on Sunday. But I did read the cover article on Kate Walsh and her new show, the Grey's Anatomy spin-off, Private Practice. I'm mildly intrigued, but I'm sort of over GA anyway, so will I care about the spin-off? Especially because what kind of made GA interesting is that the cast was new-comer-ish (I'm pretty sure I made that word up) and PP has a cast of people that have been on a million shows between them. I guess I'll program it in and see what happens.

The other article I read was about the show, Brothers and Sisters, which was one of the shows I was looking forward to this time last year and was very disappointed. I realized I was sitting through it each week thinking to myself, "I hate these characters." But then I'd go back for more the following week. I especially hated the whole Callista Flockhart character. She was supposed to be a conservative pundit on TV, but wasn't conservative at all. I don't believe that all Republicans are crazy, but the ones on TV are!! If they were as middle of the road as she is, they would never give them a TV show. So, I gave it up for a few weeks, but then Emily Van Camp from Everwood joined the cast and I LOVE her, so I decided to DVR it. She couldn't even save it for me, and that was that. Then I heard that she slept with Rachel Griffiths' husband, which I'm glad I didn't see because I would have thrown a shoe at the TV. I did like the plotline of the youngest brother going to Iraq, though. It's saying a lot when the only person on a show that I like is Sally Field.

so, that's Sunday night! more to come!!

2 comments:

Greg said...

30 rock rules! I hope it sticks around.

New-comer-ish is totally a word.

Private Practice should tank. Lightning doesn't strike twice useless your show's name is CSI.

However, this season is a waste if 7th heaven isn't coming back.

Jeremy said...

I'm most excited about Reaper and Pushing Daisies. What does EW say about those shows?