Monday, May 17, 2010

The trend continues

Although I don't really get the interest in the show, I do watch The Real Housewives of New York City sometimes if there is a marathon on and I'm cleaning or sewing or doing something else that benefits from mindless television in the background. Not only do I not get why these women are on TV, I really don't get why they get book deals and music contracts. They are so unlikeable and are only getting worse, now that they have to compete with the NJ women who are way more interesting and a little less crazy, on the whole.

This season, NYC has a new "character" named Sonja, rounding out the new trend. Unfortunately, she's more annoying and her life seems more pointless than any of the other characters on the show and thus brings the name down. However, I kind of love it that there is a Sonja and a Jill on the same show.

1 comment:

Equis said...

I think the fascination has a whole lot to do with another rising trend, haterism. People just love to hate more and more these days, and hating on the wealthy is even more popular. None of these women have any redeeming qualities it is more a choice of who do you dislike less. Also other people’s drama usually tends to be a whole lot more entertaining than my drama free existence. I’m addicted to all 4 of the cities and can’t wait to see what the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills will bring to the plate.