Saturday, January 2, 2010

A new trend

This fall, there have been FOUR new TV shows with a character with my name.

The Beautiful Life (already cancelled), with Mischa Barton playing Sonja Stone.

Then The Good Wife had a character that was only in the first episode and she maybe didn't have any lines, so she doesn't actually show up in the IMDB list, but believe me, she was there. (she was the secretary that Alicia and the shady guy shared until they could hire one.)

Mercy has a nurse named Sonia.

And the new show Men of a Certain Age starring Ray Romano and Penelope Ann Miller, as Ray's wife Sonia!



I know, this is probably filed under "who cares" but it's a big change for me. Before this, all I had was the mother from the "Momma" cartoon.

3 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Isn't it a little funny to hear your name on tv? Lucky me gets to share my name with Shuester's dysfunctional sister-in-law Kendra on GLEE. Then there's a Kendra in the Harry Potter books (Dumbledore's mother).

Valerie said...

The world is finally catching up with mom when it comes to cool names:)

Equis said...

My name is extremely unique so I'm lucky if I get to see it in the credits of a television show but I get all kinds of excited when I do