Friday, August 15, 2008

New camera!


With my birthday coming up, my parents asked what I wanted for my birthday. I couldn't really think of anything... and then my camera broke. So I asked for a new one, and I got it today! yeah! I don't usually open my presents early (I'm weird that way) but I already knew what it was and didn't want to leave it at work since things have a tendency to walk (I'm still bitter about a peach someone took off my desk a few years ago).

Here's the first photo... Heidi at her desk.
A lot has happened in the few years since I got my digital camera. I was one of the last people to get one. Before that, I always used disposable cameras. For the group that I am running with teen girls, I bought a bunch of disposable cameras and asked them to take some pictures to make into some sort of an art project. I dropped the cameras off and they told me it would take at least a week to get them back! I said, "But you used to do it right here!" She told me that they don't do that anymore, and they actually lose money developing old fashioned film. I had to go back to group on Wednesday and tell them that they were not going to get their pictures for a while. I was pretty surprised.
Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

One Sassy Princess said...

you can't tell us you got a camera and not let us in on the details of the camera! BTW Congrats--I always love using/getting new cameras!

Sara M said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had/have a great day. (I really should know the day shouldn't I.)