Friday, August 22, 2008

My birthday weekend

I decided to see JM tomorrow in Connecticut instead of on my actual birthday. For one thing, he always does a better performance when playing in front of a hometown crowd (and that can include anything in the tri-State area of NY, NJ, CT). Since I've never seen him perform in his homestate of CT before, I thought this one could be the best of all. For another thing, it's a Saturday so I would have a better chance of finding someone to go with me. My birthday is on Monday, so I would have to bribe someone into thinking my ridiculous obsession is important enough to take a day off. I decided it wasn't important enough to anyone but me, thus, we are going on a Saturday.

All the stuff that is happening in the "news" lately detracts from my feelings about the whole thing, so I have to just get back to the basics. Here are the basics:


4 comments:

shaunacd said...

Hope you have fun. Happy Birthday!!

Esther said...

I would have gone on Monday, as you know. :) It's good to get back to basics. I'm sure the show will be fantastic. Let me know if he plays "Why Georgia" or any interesting covers.

Valerie said...

Today at Costco, Thomas saw JM on a big screen TV. He asked if it was Indiana Jones or John Mayer. I told him either way you would love him.

Brenda Dickerson Lassabe said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day. It sucks getting old! Enjoy your 30's, they go by quick.