Monday, August 18, 2008

Hair -- the musical

Saturday night I went to see the musical "Hair" at the Public Theater in Central Park. I only went because someone got me a ticket because, as you may know, I'm not the biggest fan of musicals. There were a few numbers that I liked, like "Age of Aquarius" which isn't a song I like but the performance of it was incredible. As I had suspected, I was a little bored during the show, checking my watch like our president at the Olympics Opening Ceremony. And then the last bit comes where the boy goes off to Vietnam and comes home dead and he's lying on the American flag and the cast is singing this song with so much passion, you can feel it. I have to say, I think it was the most powerful thing I've experienced in theater in my life. (This is the cast, but not in the Delacorte theater.)


1 comment:

One Sassy Princess said...

WHAT--I LOVE "Age of Aquarius" well maybe it is b/c I am an Aquarius!