Thursday, January 17, 2008

Resolutions

Yes, I am one of those people that made a resolution to lose weight in the new year. However, I make this resolution almost every day of my life. One thing I decided to do was to go to the gym more, which I do pretty regularly, but wanted to try some classes and do something different than what I usually do. I am normally a morning exerciser, mostly because I'm lazy and only want to get ready once a day. To go to classes, however, I had to change that because most classes are in the afternoon/evening. I looked at the list of classes and decided to try a Hip Hop Funk class. I figured it would be challenging, but thought I don't care how I look (especially since all the men at my West Village gym are gay) and all I really care about is getting my heart rate up. So, I go...

I'm waiting outside the room and there is a line forming, waiting for the previous class to end. I ask the woman in front of me in line, "Do you usually come to this class? No? I was just wondering what it was like, if it's hard?" Shoulder shrug. Blank stare. A few minutes later, a man comes and asks, "Is this Russell's class?" I said that I didn't know, it was my first time. He asked the same woman that I asked. Again, shoulder shrug. Blank stare. He said, "Oh, I forgot. New Year's." I was TOTALLY offended. However, 10 minutes into the class, I realized this is MUCH harder than I thought. Not only that, I was not getting any exercise at all because all I was doing was staring, trying to get the moves down. Ten mintues after that, I decided to leave and go back to the tried and true treadmill or whatever else I could do while watching ANTM marathon on VH1.

I got sick a few days after that and haven't been back to the gym for over a week now. Turns out, I am one of those New Year's people after all.

3 comments:

One Sassy Princess said...

I too made the same resolution but have been sick for the past 3 days! I guess I can be catagorized in there with you--btw this illness wants me to only eat comfort foods!

Unknown said...

that's why my resolution is to eat more chocolate. it's win-win really

One Sassy Princess said...

Ooooh Jill--I like your resolution!! I might try that one next.