Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dilemma

I have been on a health kick in the new year, trying to take off the pounds I put on during the holidays. I've been doing pretty well, going to the gym every day last week. On Saturday, I didn't ever get around to going to the gym, so I decided to go on Sunday. Now that we have church at 1:00 pm, I figured it was an ox in the mire situation. When I got there, I started flipping through the channels on my TV and remembered that there's lots going on in the world of politics at the moment, all of which is discussed ad naseum on the Sunday morning news shows. The time went by so fast, I decided that this is a good use of my treadmill time and I may have to make it a weekly ritual! But, you know, there is the whole "keep the Sabbath day holy" thing to contend with.

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

What's more holy than a heavenly body? You can totally justify that. If I were your bishop, I'd totally approve anyone working out on Sunday. (Which is probably why I'm not a bishop... well, that and some other things.)

Unknown said...

plus, you're a social worker for a living for crying out loud. i think you get to make some allowances...

sonya d said...

My supervisor would agree most with this comment. It goes under the "you can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself" column of my job.

One Sassy Princess said...

You know that it is a good thing you are Mormon--we do what we think is right and leave it between ourselves and the Big Man upstairs!!!