Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Reality TV

There was a time when I would never admit to this, but there are some really great reality shows on. "Scott Baio is 46 and Pregnant" is, um, I don't know, the best show ever! Well, not really, but it is pretty great. This week's episode has him returning to Brooklyn. Here are the things I loved about this episode:

He hangs out with his old friends that he grew up with. They are walking down the street and his friend says, "Do you want to say hi to my mom?" Scott says, "Sure." The friend yells, "HEY MA!" and his mom sticks her head out the window of her apartment over a travel agent's storefront. They proceed to have a normal conversation this way.

Next, he's having lunch with a few friends at a local deli. They go in to order a sandwich, and Scott is bothered by the fact that there are sandwiches named after all the famous Italians, but not for him. Especially because he went to this deli every day after school. He asks for a sandwich and they think about it. When he goes to order a sandwich, he asks if they have any whole wheat bread. I guess you can take the boy out of Brooklyn and you really can take Brooklyn out of the boy and put LA into the boy. He almost loses his chance to have a sandwich named after him. Until... he orders his sandwich and asks for all the sandwich makings the Italian way (i.e. prosciutto, mozzarella--without the vowel pronounced at the end).

This is from the previous week, but even more funny. He goes on a double date with his fiance and his friend, who is the most pathetic soul I have witnessed on television. This friend met a woman on jdate, so of course, he writes down all the Yiddish words he can think of on his hand to pepper the conversation. For example, upon meeting the woman, he comments on how nice it is to meet her, then says, "What a mitzvah!" He looks at the menu and says, "Oy vey!" He also says my favorite, "Shpilkes." Not sure exactly what that one means, but I love it nonetheless.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

ssshhh! I haven't watched it yet. I wait for the repeat durring the week.

someone makes fun of me if I watch reality tv, so I have to wait until he isn't home.