Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cupcakes (sorta) -- Brooklyn style

I've been working in Brooklyn for about two months now (only 1-2 days a week) but today was the first time I took an exploratory walk around the neighborhood. I saw this bakery, and against my better judgement, decided I would peek my head in. Turns out, that was not such a good idea, because I walked out with this homemade Ring Ding. Chocolate cake with buttercream filling. When I ordered it, the woman made an audible gasp and said, "Those are so good. You won't be sorry." When someone who works in a bakery has that strong of a reaction, completely unsolicited, you know it has to be good. And it was.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

i have a good low calorie version that looks something like that...i'll send it to you. i'm totally addicted even though it's, you know, low calorie.

JDB said...

Good heavens. That could Ring my Ding any day. Oolala!

Equis said...

Yummy to the tummy!!

Jenni said...

what is the name of the bakery? I wonder if it is the one I have been searching for for years? Years ago Rosie O'Donnell had a woman on her show that had a bakery that made knock offs of Drake's and Hostess cakes, there was a little scuffle about the names, she had to change the names of the items, but I have been trying to find it ever since because they looked SO delicious.

sonya d said...

whoops, I thought I had the link there. It is called Betty Bakery and the address is 448 Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn. (bettybakery.com)