Thursday, June 5, 2008

So far, so good

I've been back at work for almost a full week now. Last week, I was actually crying as I thought about coming back to work. But when Monday came along, I was okay. I worked a normal day (9:30 - 8:00) and I wasn't tired at all! That is the miracle of the three week vacation. It's wearing off, though. Today, I got a BADC (big-ass Diet Coke) around 11 am. On a good day, I can wait until lunch. I have been stressed this week because I'm setting up interviews with potential interns for next year. I am so worried about getting another bad one.

Guess what? Just as I was writing this, I got an email from one of the potential interns... on her resume she said she worked at EFY and did some PR work with the Institute of Religion in Orem, Utah. What do you think that means that it JUST HAPPENED as I was writing about how worried I am about a student for next year? And should her religion count in her favor or a strike against her?

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Neither, just pretend like you don't know what she's talking about. That's what Judy D.'s students have done.

One Sassy Princess said...

You know I used to think it a positive--then I met and have worked with many bad ones--I say let the interview determine what to do. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Jenni said...

ooohh, efy counselor?? bad. they're kind of annoying aren't they?