Monday, June 16, 2008

Guilt

When JM announced tour dates a few months ago, I was disappointed that he was not playing on my birthday, since that is my # 1 choice of things to do ever, but especially on the most special day of the year. Or the most depressing day of the year, depending on your point of view. But then... last week he announced more dates and he is, in fact, going to perform on my birthday in Saratoga Springs, NY, which is the same place I saw him for my birthday two years ago. I'm so excited! I already have tickets for two shows here in the tri-state area and have exhausted my friend resource in people to accompany me. But, I thought I'd try to talk my friend, Heidi, into going with me anyway (she's going with me to Jones Beach on July 9). She said no. So the other night, we were hanging out and I said something about her ruining my birthday because she won't go with me. She did not miss a beat and said, "Are you sure you're not Jewish? You have the guilt down really well." Oh, she has so much to learn about Mormons!!

1 comment:

Sara M said...

I saw a billboard last week advertizing that he is coming to Utah Co. I immediatly thought of you. :)