Sunday, November 7, 2010

India part 1

Before I went on my vacation to India, people asked me what I would be doing there. My answer was always, "I don't know. Trevor is planning the whole thing." But I did know one thing we were doing -- we planned to go to the Taj Mahal one night during the full moon. Doesn't that sound cool?

Well.... this turned out to be the biggest disappointment of the trip. It is so hazy in Agra with the pollution, that you get no light from the moon. Afterwards, all we kept saying is "why do they even bother?" The excursion is set up so they sell tickets in advance to a limited number of people, and it is a timed entrance. We went to the meeting place, got groped and our bags inspected, and then took the little shuttle over there. Everyone went in and spent the entire allotted 30 minutes trying to get a decent photograph. Believe it or not, this is the best picture between the three of us in my group.
If you look really closely, you can see a faint outline of the Taj Mahal. (I'm serious. It's there.)
We also went to the Taj two other times -- once at sunset and once at sunrise. Sunrise was the best. This picture was taken by me. Nice, huh??


Here's another view...



This one was not taken by me -- I found it online -- but rest assured that we saw plenty of people doing this little pose.
Here is the entrance at sunrise...



More to come....

2 comments:

One Sassy Princess said...

Your pictures are beautiful!!! Love them and cannot wait for more!

Valerie said...

I bet it was so beautiful. Can't wait to see and hear more:)