Sunday, July 20, 2008

Maybe the spell is broken

Previously, I reported about all of my outdoor concerts being rained on or rained out. Well, I went to two concerts in the past week... and guess what! Perfect weather! One was JM, about which I already reported. The other was the free Bon Jovi show in Central Park last Saturday. It was a free event on the lawn. Unlike previous free concerts in the park (like Garth Brooks and Paul Simon, both of which my sisters attended), this one required tickets obtained through a lottery. Of course, you know stupid NY people get the free tickets and try to sell them. I heard people paid $1000 for them, but I can't believe anyone would be that stupid. Anyway... We debated whether we wanted to get there early (gates opened at 2 for an 8:00 show) and wait all day in the park so that we had a good view of the stage, or go later and use regular bathrooms all day. We opted for the second one and although we didn't have a good view of the stage, we had a great time.

As we waited for the show to start, I discussed with Dawn which song she thinks is Bon Jovi's equivalent to "Born to Run." I believe, and will always believe, that it is "Livin' on a Prayer." I opened this debate because I said those words after seeing Bon Jovi in November, and then a few weeks later, heard a DJ using that exact phrase to describe "Dead or Alive." She agrees with the DJ. I think they are both on crack. (Still love you, Dawn, and thanks for the ticket!)

1 comment:

Esther said...

Sorry Dawn, you are incorrect. I don't even know how you can "open it up for debate" - it's so obviously "Livin' on a Prayer."