Saturday, July 5, 2008

Free Fallin'

A few weeks ago, I was reading my EW magazine and read this piece by Oscar winner Diablo Cody about one of my favorite guilty pleasures of all time, 90210. When I read this part, I totally freaked out:


"We've come a long way from Jim and Cindy Walsh, who were so square that they wouldn't let Brenda drive to Baja with Dylan even though they were TOTALLY IN LOVE. (Raise your hand if you can't hear ''Losing My Religion'' without thinking about Brenda and Dylan's breakup. Me neither.) "

Okay, I am raising my hand because I totally think about Brenda and Dylan whenever I hear that song!! When I was at the REM concert a few weeks ago, I even thought of them then!

Well, this is also one of those songs that brings me back to the time in my life when I first heard it. In this case, it's my sophomore year at BYU -- a million years ago. My roommate, Jayne, used to play her guitar and sing this song a lot. I have so many memories about that year. I love the original and looooove this version!

No comments: