Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tricked ya!!

I have to write a little something about the show on Tuesday at the Garden State Arts Center (or PNC Bank Arts Center for people new to the tri-state area). We were driving and didn't want to get stuck in traffic like last year, so I made Kathy and Allison take a 1/2 day of work. We got to the venue by 6 for a 7:00 show, so we had a little time to kill. We ate terrible arena food and discussed which songs we thought he would play. I made a list of the things I thought he'd play and we all made our wish lists. (I like to make lists.) They asked me what I thought would be the first song, and I said I really had no idea because although I saw him play last week, he never does all the same songs, let alone in the same order. I did not see this one coming though! John Mayer singing Bruce Springsteen in New Jersey... does it get better than that? (unless it was actually Bruce singing himself and I still could get seats in the 22nd row).




FYI -- Kathy's wish list: Gravity, Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, Waiting on the World to Change, and the alternate: Dreaming with a Broken Heart

Allison's wish list: Daughters, Waiting on the World to change, Gravity

Mine: Clarity, Why Georgia, Back to You and the alternate: Belief

For some reason, I decided that in this game, we should only have three wishes on the wish list, but I allowed one alternate. I knew he'd play Belief so I made that my alternate, but it turned out to be the only one he played from my list! Allison got all three of hers (which I predicted). Kathy got two of hers and not her alternate.

3 comments:

Esther said...

Of course Why Georgia is on the list! I'm always hoping he plays it but he rarely does. Maybe that makes it even better when he plays it. How many times has he played it in all your shows? Do you know?

Esther said...

AND that's my favorite Bruce Springsteen song! MAN I wish I had been there!!

sonya d said...

Nope, but I can find out!

And if you had been in NYC, I would have forced one of my friends to stay home so you could go. Just like last year!