Friday, July 11, 2008

#22

I have been asked many times how many JM concerts I've been to and, lately, I haven't been able to remember. So, if you are one of those people, it is now 22. That's the official number (until Tuesday 7/15). I have been to tapings of Dave Letterman, the Today show (twice), Good Morning America, and this CMT show as well, and I don't figure those numbers in. You can say whatever you want about it, but I'm fine with it.

Some highlights from the show on Wednesday:
1) He invited his brother to play on stage with him for "Why Georgia". As usual, he gave the audience a chance to sing the "So what, so I've got a smile on. It's hiding the quiet superstitions in my head" part, which I always do with abandon. When Esther comes with me, she does, too, and usually it's just us. Except for the time last summer when we saw him play in NJ. This time, there were one or two girls behind me singing along, too.
2) He talked about how he loved to play in the Tri-state area, in the venue where he saw his very first concert (Dave Matthews, which he then sampled). He then said how he loves being in the Tri-state area because he can watch TV and know all the channels, "You know how you call one of your friends and say, 'Turn on channel 2' and they don't know what you are talking about because it's some weird local channel." I loved this because I say that all the time! I remember doing that to Esther one time and she didn't know what I was talking about. In fact, I actually do call Jill sometimes and say something is on channel 4 and she knows I mean NBC. I don't know... it was awesome, but probably only if you can relate to it, like me.
3) Before playing "Gravity," he said that this song expresses how he feels when he's down... when a girl doesn't like him or when someone calls him a douchebag.
4) He played "Free Fallin'" which was my first time seeing this live.
5) For the last song, "Waiting on the World to Change" he pulled out a bunch of friends to sing with him. He didn't say, but I'm assuming that they are friends from home.

None of these videos are ones that I took, but isn't it awesome that someone did so that I could post all of these moments?