Friday, July 18, 2008

Blind taste test


Last year, Pinkberry invaded NYC. The first one was in Chelsea and the first time I went, the line was out the door. Now, there are Pinkberries all over the place, and it seems wherever a Pinkberry pops up, Red Mango is soon to follow. Now there is one of each half-way between my two offices. I make the walk in between a few times a week, so Heidi and I have been to both a few times. She has said that she likes Red Mango better, but I always said that they taste the same to me and I like them both. So yesterday... we decided to do a taste test. We got one of each and sat ourselves down. Heidi even went so far as getting two spoons from Red Mango so that we couldn't tell which was which by the spoon. She covered her eyes and I gave her the first sample and then the second. Next, I covered my eyes and she gave them to me. I was surprised that I could not only tell them apart but I picked a winner! And the winner is: Red Mango!
Seated next to us at Red Mango was a father and his teen-age daughter. They were fascinated that we were going so far in our quest to see which frozen yogurt is the best. They are here visiting for a month while the daughter is in a ballet camp. They have been to both places and decided for themselves that they liked Red Mango the best, but hadn't actually sat down with one of each and tasted them side-by-side. So that's four votes for Red Mango.
Next, we are going to do a cupcake side-by-side comparison.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Make that five votes! I love Red Mango. Remember when you had to bring it back for me from the mall the night before my wedding? Deelish!!

Brenda Dickerson Lassabe said...

They both look yummy. Hey! Can you email me your mom's email address? I forgot to get it from her when we were all in Vegas.

You are still very beautiful! I would love to come out and see you sometime. I love New York! Email me sometime at brendapuckett@comcast.net

Your cousin,
Brenda