Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sakura Matsuri






LT and I went to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden yesterday for the Cherry Blossom Festival. It was supposed to rain all day, but instead, it was just grey, damp and cold, but the blossoms were beautiful.
I went a few years ago when I first moved to the city, and basically it was just a bunch of Brooklyn hipsters with their kids. This year, we were surprised to see that it has turned into the equivalent of a Renaissance Festival for the kids that like the Japanese cartoons Naruto and, I'm sure, a lot of other ones that I know nothing about. I recognized Naruto because I have a client that is obsessed with it and spends his sessions drawing characters and scenes from the show. The kids dress up like characters, and stand around in circles, talking to each other, like teens do best.

2 comments:

One Sassy Princess said...

The blossoms on the trees are absolutely breathtaking!!!

Esther said...

beautiful!