Saturday, May 3, 2008

Damn you, McDreamy!!


Tonight, I had plans with Heidi to go to a movie. When we showed up at the theater, we found that the ONLY movie playing at the theater was Made of Honor, despite the fact that there were other movies listed both online and on the marquee. We figured out that the reason for this is that the theater had been hijacked by the Tribeca Film Festival. So we stomped out of the line, and briefly debated if we should just go see it, since we were there. Heidi was somewhat interested, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $12 for this movie. We decided to walk down a few blocks and see if there was anything playing at the Union Sq. theater, but there was nothing that we hadn't seen already or wanted to see that hadn't already started (I can't walk into a movie after the start time, although there are always 20 minutes of commercials and previews). Next, we walked east to the next closest theater, which, we found, had also been taken over by TFF and the only regular movie playing was... guess what... Made of Honor. We asked one of the people working the festival the reason, and she said that they had originally booked the entire theater, but then gave up one of the theaters because it was opening weekend for Made. At this point, I'm ready to die (I was carrying a lot of crap and had just walked almost an hour with it all) so I decided to help myself along by seeing this ridiculously premised movie.

I will say one thing, though. It really makes New York look beautiful. It also makes Scotland look beautiful, which I suspect isn't hard. It renewed my interest to return there and really explore the whole country. Someday....

I know I'm a total snob when it comes to movies and I should just take this one for what it is. But seriously, if and when you see it, and you see a scene with a horse, just remember I warned you!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just tell me, does he get the girl in the end?