Monday, May 26, 2008

A First

I went to church with my sister and her family yesterday. Sacrament meeting was all about the Young Men of the ward -- they gave all the talks and did one musical number (which, of course, was just the leaders singing). One of the YM started out his talk by saying, "Today, I'm going to talk about service. Dictionary.com defines service as... "

It was like one of those moments in the movies when they make the sound of a needle jumping off a record (an old reference, I realize, especially in comparison to this very modern reference). First, I paused and thought, "Did I hear that right?" then I just started laughing and Valerie and I looked at each other like, "Kids today!"

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Okay, that is too funny. I can't wait to hear the reference at General Conference! "Dictionary.com defines 'atonement' as..." or "According to Wikipedia, the Mountain Meadows Massacre..."