Monday, March 31, 2008

You learn so much watching TV!

Also on Martha today, I learned that there is a blog called cupcakes take the cake. There's a lot of info on cupcakes. I admit, I enjoy eating cupcakes much more than I enjoy reading about them, but I figure it can be fun at times. They had a link to this article which talks about the cupcake bakeries springing up in Utah, so I figured I should share it with my peeps. If anyone goes to any of these places, please let me know how they are.

The three bloggers talked about their favorite cupcakes. One said she likes the chocolate peanut butter cupcake at Kumquat Cupcakery in Brooklyn and another said she likes the basic yellow cake/chocolate frosting version at Sugar Sweet Sunshine. (The third picked her own. whatever!) But MS said that they didn't even try cupcakes from either of these places in their diligent search for the best cupcakes. Sugar Sweet is pretty much up there with Billy's, and Kumquat I've never even heard of, so it's really shocking how many of these places there are these days. Two years ago, Esther and I had a dream that we would visit each one in the city. Of course, we didn't really get close to that dream, but now it seems even more daunting.

3 comments:

Who Knew . . . said...

Sugar Sweet Sunshine is worth the trip to the lower east side. It makes the other bakeries taste like amateurs. If you want to go to kumquat let me know I am up for a field trip. Heck if you want to go to Sugar Sweet, let me know.

sonya d said...

Okay, just to be clear, I have been to Sugar Sweet Sunshine a few times. I was making the point that I was surprised that they hadn't sampled any from SSS in their search because it was one of the first off-shoots of Magnolia. The other one, Kumquat, is the one I hadn't heard of. (whew, okay, I defended my reputation and now I feel better.)

sonya d said...

p.s. still happy to go with you to either one, though!