Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Amish country.

Last weekend, I went with some friends to Pennsylvania. We stayed with a Mennonite family that were trying to convert us. We made sure to say that we are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and not just that we are Mormons. My friends were able to impress them with their knowledge of the Bible, so maybe they won't think bad about the Mormons--instead they'll just feel sorry for us that we are deluded.

These are some photos of their farm and the surrounding area. I saw my first real live Amish people, and even ate dinner at an Amish family's home. While I was taking these photos, there was a goose under the bridge. I immediately thought it was a statue. Eventually, it moved, and I realized I've been living in the city for a really long time.

Have you ever eaten potatoes for every meal of the day? We had sliced home-style potatoes for breakfast, french fried style for lunch and mashed in brown butter for dinner. Turns out,
potatoes three times in one day works just fine for me!





No comments: