Tuesday, March 25, 2008

National Social Work Month



March is National Social Work month. How will you celebrate this very important occasion??

At work, they never really did anything to celebrate until recently. One year, we got a breakfast. The next year, they put up posters and gave us magnets (still on my office door). This year, we got a lunch AND a $100 Visa gift card! I know lots of people get lots of cool stuff through their work. We get pretty much nothing. Ever. For example, I celebrated my 10 year anniversary at this agency last summer and I got a vase engraved with the agency logo. So to get this gift card almost brought tears to my eyes. The truth is, I really love my job, love this agency despite many problems and don't necessarily expect much from them. But when I hear friends talk about things they get, (bonuses, trips, dinners out, free soda all day, etc.) I am always a tad jealous.

So, any suggestions on how to spend the money? So far, the director of my dept. suggested going to see something on Broadway.

4 comments:

Esther said...

I say buy tickets to a John Mayer concert. Isn't that like what addicts do when they get extra money - straight to the addiction and ignore all other needs. Well, I am happy to be your enabler and encourage you to feed the addiction.

One Sassy Princess said...

Go to the spa!

LeolaniNYC said...

i agree with e and find a john mayer concert. it could be like going for free or at least discounted with your gift card.

Valerie said...

All the cupcakes you can carry!