Thursday, October 4, 2007

Clearly...

I took on too much, considering I haven't watched any of the new shows I said I was going to watch. I did watch "Private Practice" and I'm already bored of it, so that will be easy to give up. I only watched the first "Gossip Girl" and haven't gotten around to watching the second one yet, and there is already a third. Oh yeah, and "Chuck", which was underwhelming.

For returning shows, "Heroes" was only vaguely interesting to me. I watched the "previously on" for "Grey's Anatomy" and as they recapped each storyline, I said, "I hate that one, I hate that one, Not interested, oh yea Izzie loves George and I hate that one..." so I wasn't too interested in any of it. I only like Alex and Mark, and neither of them have plotlines at the moment (Mark hasn't really even had one except to be second fiddle to Addison).

So, basically, all I care about is "Friday Night Lights" which I went out and bought rather than wait for it to come with Netflix. It was the best decision I ever made. This show is so good. Here's some of the topics they have been covering:
Domestic violence
The effect of the Iraq war on military families
Steriods in sports
Racism
The economy/Lack of jobs in small towns
Teenage drinking

I have the last two discs left and I felt depressed when I realized that there are only 10 episodes left to watch. But, the new season starts on Friday, so I'll continue to get a fix.

Of course, I still have "30 Rock" tonight and "The Office."
And that's it. I'll see if I can talk about anything other than TV in my next posting.

2 comments:

One Sassy Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Sassy Princess said...

Did you know Katherine H (aka Izzy) is a Mormon? It is true you should check this link---

http://www.famousmormons.net/tv.html