Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving wrap-up



I went back to Ohio for Thanksgiving to see Val&Greg and the kiddos. We had lots of fun, lots of laughs, and, of course, lots of FOOD!

Thanksgiving dinner (we're a pretty informal family)







On Saturday, we went back to Pink Moon. Here are "The Buckeye", German chocolate and Carrot cupcakes.




And because that wasn't enough, we made Whoopie pies on Sunday night to finish off the weekend!







For his birthday, Greg got The Beatles: Rock Band, so I like to think we burned off some of those calories playing every night for a few hours.
My nephew is completely obsessed with The Beatles now. He says their names with a British accent and tries to give me a history lesson any chance he gets. "Here they are with long hair." He also has decided that he's going to be in a rock band when he grows up. It's pretty hilarious to hear a 6 year-old boy sing, "I want you, I want you so bad..." Actually, he's not supposed to do that one, but I didn't know until it was too late. I have to say, although I never really want to hear "Yellow Submarine" again, I quite enjoyed myself. (It totally beats Mario Kart, which was last year's game.) Of course, my nephew was a guitar hog, so I didn't get much of a chance to practice that, but I kind of liked the drums the best, anyway.
Now I just want to get them some Springsteen songs!

8 comments:

Esther said...

Nice to see that Thomas has perfected his power stance.

Sally said...

Fun! I LOVE Beatles Rock Band!

Valerie said...

The whoopie pies were even better straight out of the fridge.

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes and whoopie pies look delicious. Jealous? Most definitely.

The Dirty Dietitian said...

Those whoopie pies look amazing. It is nice to know Thomas is perfecting his rock star image with the Beatles and not some other bad band. What about Bruce?

One Sassy Princess said...

Love it...Rock On!

Equis said...

I can do vocals and drums. I'm absolutely horrible with the guitar.

Laurie said...

My kids love rock band! Only one problem, they play "Eye of the Tiger" over and over and over again. I need ear plugs.

Glad you had fun! My friend's kids got Lego Rock Band and she hears "We will rock you" over and over again... I guess kids will pick a fav and play it again and again...Lucky you that you left Yellow Submarine there.