Friday, November 6, 2009

30 Rock quote of the week -- 10/29

Liz Lemon and Jack continue their argument about "real America" as they are driving to Georgia to find a new actor for the show that will appeal to a broader audience.

Liz says to Jack, "There are plenty of American values in New York. But there are not restaurants called 'Fatty Fat Sandwich Ranch.' Turn here !"
Jack says, "Lemon, if this is going to play out like lunch, I suggest you crack your window now and save yourself the embarrassment in 20 minutes."
(I'm laughing now as I think about that one!)

a continuation on the theme, Liz says, "All of humankind has one thing in common. The Sandwich. I believe that all anyone wants in this life is to sit in peace and eat a sandwich."

I love that quote because it reminds me of one of my all-time favorite episodes, "Sandwich Day," which was on in the second season, and which was playing on my trip to and from London. And yes, I watched it both times!

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I loves Jenna's spot-on translation of that guy's expression when the guy said, "I'm going to tell you what's going on with a look."