Friday, May 29, 2009

Let's get Baked!

A couple of weeks ago, Heidi and I planned a day to Coney Island. Then we heard it was supposed to rain so we decided that we still wanted to go to Brooklyn, so we went to Ikea. I wanted to look at picture frames, but mostly I just wanted the meatballs. As we sat there shoveling it in, Heidi had a brilliant idea. "Let's see if we can find Baked." Baked is a bakery that we read about in this article and then a place opened around the corner from my office that carries some of their products and, of course, we became fans. Since I had no idea where anything in Red Hook is or when I'd ever go there, I never really thought I'd get to visit this place. But, sitting there in Ikea, we were on a mission and found out that it's just a few blocks away.

I was literally drooling the second we walked in. I was not able to limit myself to just a cupcake. Yes, they are best known for their sweet and salty cake, which is incredible. Since I tried that before, I settled on this cake, the malted milk ball cake. It was Delicious! This place is worth the trip!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I just checked out their cookbook, seeing as how that is as close as I'll get to it for awhile. I love anything malt, that cake sounds dee-lish! You are a lucky girl!

Equis said...

You always make my mouthwater with all of the baked goods you write about. The malted cake sounds divine and right up my ally.

shaunacd said...

The picture of the cake came up, and my mouth involunterily filled up. Can't believe it!