Thursday, May 7, 2009

Close call

Last week, Heidi came in to work and casually asked, "Do you watch 'The City?'" I responded that I do. She said, "Oh, I was just in Joe and they are filming an episode there, so I had to sign some release."

WHAT??

You never saw someone grab their pocketbook and run so fast in your life. I raced outside and ran around the corner, but it was too late. I just saw a bunch of official looking people on their phones and getting into mini-vans. I casually walked around the corner, and then walked back, and on the way back I saw this minor person. She's so minor, I'm not 100% it was actually her, but it was someone that's been on the show.

I came back to the office and pulled up "The City" website, but Heidi couldn't tell from the photos who was there. Apparently, she thinks they all look the same. But when that episode airs, be sure to watch for Heidi in line buying coffee (she's wearing a red rain coat).

What was I going to do if I had seen them filming? Probably nothing. Well, not nothing. Joe does sell donuts.

4 comments:

Sally said...

That is cool! Hey, where are the 30 Rock and Office quotes!?

Mamma Mia!

sonya d said...

I know, I'm a whole week behind. Stay tuned...

Esther said...

Nice use of "pocketbook." Your reaction was totally appropriate and I commend you for the effort.

Equis said...

Sweet!! You definitely would have done the happy dance once outside the door.