Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Boss 09

I went to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band on Monday night in Long Island. He's coming to NJ at the end of the month and tickets sold out before I even knew they were on sale, so I've been checking Craigs List and the only tickets posted are from brokers. I decided to go ahead and get tickets to LI, which were a little easier to find, and if I can find some for the Meadowlands, I'm going again. If not, at least I saw him during this tour. I posted something about going to see him again on facebook, and I got a response that I'm a crazy groupie. But four times in my life does not seem very crazy to me, especially when I've been a fan since the 80's.


Anyway, here's the setlist.

Badlands
No Surrender
Outlaw Pete
She's The One
Working On A Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
Ghost Of Tom Joad
Raise Your Hand
Expressway To Your Heart (by the Soul Survivors) *
For You *
Rendezvous*
Night*
Waiting On A Sunny Day
Promised Land
The Wrestler
Kingdom Of Days
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born To Run


***Encore***

Hard Times
Jungleland
Land Of Hope And Dreams
American Land
Dancin' In The Dark
Rosalita

(* these were the requests of the night)

Highlights for me: Jungleland, The Wrestler, For You, Rosalita, Born to Run, The Rising.
Although he played 27 songs, I only got to experience 24 because I was in line for the bathroom for three of them. No I didn't go three times, that's how long the line was! I was pissed! He did not do my favorite song, "Thunder Road" or Jill's favorite, "Racing in the Street," but I'm crossing my fingers for May 23rd.

Kathy and I got tickets behind the stage, which I was a little disappointed about. But the show was really just fine from back there. During "American Land," we started walking towards the car and then we heard "Dancing in the Dark," so we went back in. Now we were in the front of the stage, but we felt much further away and I realized that I liked our other place much better. Although we did have a view of his back for a lot of the show, he also comes to the back of the stage quite often for a beverage or to stick his head in a bucket of water (seriously), to talk to the band and the roadies, to sort through the piles of posters with song requests, etc.
All around, a fabulous night, and I look forward to more evenings with the E Street Band in the future.







1 comment:

Valerie said...

Fun videos, did you get one of him putting his head in the bucket?