Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election results

I know it's no secret who I supported in this election. It should be no surprise that I am very excited today. That being said, I thought both speeches last night were inspiring and I hope are a first step to help to bring the country together. Although there are lots of problems facing us, I think a very big one is that we are so divided and I hope that changes.

Yesterday, waiting in line to vote, I was so giddy, I introduced myself to my neighbor who I recognized because I can see right into her kitchen window, even though I sounded vaguely like a stalker/voyeur. Luckily, she must have been in a good mood, too, because she complimented my window blinds and invited me for dinner, instead of threatening to take out a restraining order.

Last night, I watched the returns come in at a friend's apartment. As I was walking home, there were people on the streets and out on their fire escapes cheering and clapping. The energy around this election has been so fun for me to watch. Here are two examples. One is from one of my cupcake places, who I guess wanted to keep a bit of a neutral stance.


The other one is from one of our beloved hot dog places here in the city, which is clearly not very neutral.





However, they are also patriotic and clearly want to help the ecomony along.


No comments: