Monday, November 3, 2008

Marathon

Yesterday was the NYC Marathon. No, I didn't run it. Do I look like I could run for five hours? What I did was go to a movie Saturday night and on the way home, saw a bunch of people carrying Barilla pasta bags. I just had to ask why everyone was carrying these bags, and they told me that they had just attended the annual pasta dinner the evening before the marathon. Of course. Two of the people we talked to were running it and the other two came from Iowa to support the runners. We chatted for a few minutes until the train came, and as soon as we got on, Jason and I started laughing at ourselves because we both had the desire to say, "See, we're two nice New Yorkers! Go back to Iowa and tell everyone that city people are good people, too!"

Do you think I have a bit of a complex?

Here are some cool pictures of the marathon, though.





2 comments:

shaunacd said...

My gosh!!it's one thing to hear the number of people who run the marathon, and another to see a picture like this of the people who run it. I actually tell everyone I meet how friendly NYorkers are. When Deb and I were there, it seemed all we had to do was look confused and someone was asking us if they could help. It's true!

Sara M said...

How do you run in a sea of people like that. Looks dangerous- i guess i will have to keep watching from the couch. :)