Thursday, November 8, 2007

I'm a tourist at heart

I was walking past the Time Warner building and saw the writer's on strike. I started gawking... then saw some of the people in the picket line. Tim Robbins was being interviewed by someone at E! and Seth Meyers was there. I was staring hardcore because I heard Tina Fey has been out there, and since she's the most brilliant writer in TV, I wanted to catch a glimpse. Jill was sort of watching, but mostly walking... until.... I spotted David Duchovny. I went running up to her and pulled on her sleeve and yelled, "David Duchovny's here!" These are the words she needed to become a stalker as well, and she whipped out her camera. She wasn't able to get a good photo because, as I'm sure you've seen in movies, they walk in a little circle and he was at the far side of the circle. I was content to stand and wait until he got to the closer side of the circle to get a good shot, but we were running late. Plus, after getting two partial shots, I was starting to feel a little conspicuous. I wonder if they think we are (a) annoying, (b) pathetic, or (c) sympathetic to their cause.... Turns out, I'm all three.

2 comments:

Esther said...

You are not a tourist. Tourists OCCASIONALLY see famous people. You are a professional star-spotter. You always see famous people - what is up with that!?!

One Sassy Princess said...

did you wait as long as we did for MJ in Oslo? good times sista!!!