Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm so bummed!!

A few days ago, I learned about an upcoming John Mayer concert. He will be performing a special holiday concert for charity. The bill says, John Mayer acoustic, John Mayer Trio and John Mayer & his band. I immediately thought, "Uhhhh.... I have to be there!" This concert is going to be in LA (a minus), but I have people there ( a plus!). I called Anne Lise and asked if I could come stay. As luck would have it, she has family coming that week and leaving on the same day as the show. I decided I don't want to be an annoying friend, so I put it out of my mind, after talking about it A LOT.

Although I ruled the whole thing out, I decided just to check what the ticket situation was. They went on sale Thursday at 1 pm. I have a standing appointment every Thursday at 1 pm with my student. However, it's not the first time I told my student to wait for me while I purchased JM tickets (seriously. you can ask my student from last year.) Anyway, somehow at 12:55, I was asking Heidi what she thought I should do and then at 1:00 I went into my meeting, somehow totally forgetting that I was supposed to be looking at the ticket situation. At 3:00, I came out of the meeting and went, "D'oh!" and by this time the show was sold out. Immediately following this, I got a message from Anne Lise saying, "You have to come, my mom is excited to feed you a traditional Norwegian Christmas feast and they are going to drive themselves to the airport in their rental car." All the pieces came together... except for ...Uhh..... I forgot... to buy the tickets!

Now I have to try to get tickets through ticketmaster instead of the cool way... the JM fanclub, of which I have been a member for about 5 years. I have a dream that someday, he will come to my home and tell me he is going to come perform at my high school prom since I'm his biggest fan and president of the fan club!

1 comment:

One Sassy Princess said...

you have to come---you are NOT an annoying friend!!!