Monday, January 4, 2010

Crossing titles off the list

A Serious Man. As usual, I don't really get why this is getting so much buzz and I definitely don't get why the Cohen brothers movies are always so highly praised. However, I did like a lot of things about this movie and it's more my speed than most of their movies. Except the ending. Was there an ending?

Invictus. An interesting story. Of course I know something about Nelson Mandela but nothing really specific (other than the time he spent in prison) so it was interesting to find out more. I am not on board with all the praise for the performances, though. I thought Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon, usually fantastic, were just okay.

Nine. Sitting through this movie, I couldn't get over how beautiful Italy was/is, and couldn't stop thinking that last year at the exact same time, I was there. The people and costumes were really beautiful, too. For me to like a musical, I have to like the music and I didn't really like the music in this movie. The song "Be Italian" that is in the trailers was the best one by far.

Again, no rave reviews....

1 comment:

Equis said...

I went to see Nine on New Years Eve. I agree Fergie's number was by far the best. And I really, really wanted to adopt a little Italian boy and name him Guido.