Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cupcakes that put the OH! in Ohio

When I was in Ohio in December, we were told about the best cupcakes in Columbus and tried to find them, but they were closed. Since it was my second visit to Ohio and I had tried two different places, I wasn't too disappointed because it gave me something to look forward to for the next visit. I flew into Columbus on Friday for the long weekend, and we went almost immediately to this place. It is a traditional bakery, not just a specialty cupcake place like the other places we tried.


So they lived up to the hype! As usual, I had to try the vanilla/vanilla and these were special V-day cupcakes with a cookie on top, which was also quite good. The front one was a white chocolate cupcake that Valerie and I split. So what I noticed is that, again, the frosting is more on the buttery side than on the sugary side. Maybe this is the way Ohioans like them.



Here is a picture of my adorable niece at the bakery. She is smiling because she thinks she's going to get one. She's wrong! Actually, there was a woman right in front of us that almost bought them out, and there were only two left for us. So we bought some mini cupcakes for the kids.




And here's my nephew shoveling one in!






5 comments:

Valerie said...

Mmmm... they were so good!

Laurie said...

Oh yum! Sounds like a great reason to travel to OHIO! (in my demented sugar luvin' world)

Equis said...

If you ever visit Utah you should check out So Cupcake and Mini's Cupcakes. Yum-o!

sonya d said...

If I ever go to Utah again, I will definitely check those places out. It will make the trip a little less painful :)

shaunacd said...

Hey! I live in Utah, what's painful about that. I know, I know.