Friday, February 8, 2008

Cupcakes LA style




When I arrived in California, I told Anne Lise that my friend, Heidi, had written down a few places for us to go in LA. When she looked at the list, she said, "uhh.... these are all food places." Yes, that pretty much says it all.

We went to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffle house for lunch and then went on a mission to find Sprinkles. The box says that it is "The original cupcake bakery." I don't know how they know they are the ORIGINAL... as if they invented cupcakes, but whatever! The cupcakes are really good, and definitely give Magnolia a run for their money. I got the vanilla cupcake with milk chocolate frosting. I ate it before I could take a photo and it was, like... so good! This is the lemon coconut and it was also delicious!

When I walked into the bakery, there was this guy there that looked so familiar. I couldn't place him for the longest time, then I realized that he was "The Todd" from "Scrubs." I guess I didn't recognize him without his scrubs on. He was there with, what looked like, his parents and brother. Since Anne Lise couldn't find parking, she was driving around, so I really wanted to ask The Todd to take a picture of me in front of the store. I figured if he saw me approach with a camera, he would assume that I was going to ask for a photo with him. However, I clearly care more about cupcakes than I do about TV stars.
In addition to eating Sprinkles cupcakes, Anne Lise made some Norwegian cakes for me, and I also ate lots of cake from Esther's wedding. All decadent. Is it possible to OD on cake? I don't want to Heath Ledger.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I am soooo jealous! Of the cupcakes, I think.

Unknown said...

star sighting high-five!