Monday, February 11, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

To preface the following story, you must know that this morning was one of the coldest days of the winter season, if not the coldest. When I left home, the news said it was 15 degrees out.

Okay, so, I was walking to work this morning, and I hear a guy behind me singing at the top of his lungs. Well, not really, but pretty loudly, considering he was not in the shower or in the privacy of his own home. He passed by me, smiled, and said, "Beautiful day, isn't it?" I responded with the standard NY answer, which is to comment on the weather, and said, "Yes, if you like cold." He said, "I'm a psychologist, and when people say things like that, they are really talking about their internal weather." He then repeated that it is a beautiful day and continued on his way. Clearly, this man could see inside my soul to see that I have internal cold weather!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I hate it when people see inside your soul! Or read your shakra and tell you it needs cleaning... (duh, so does my house!)

Unknown said...

can we get real here?

One Sassy Princess said...

oh please---are you sure he didn't mean to say he was a Psychologist's Patient???!!!!