Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Stockholm

Day one in Stockholm was just me and Julia.  We were originally going to travel here by ourselves  while Heather and Trevor were in Switzerland for a wedding, then meet up with Heather in Iceland.  But then they decided to join us in Stockholm, which means that Trevor picked where we stayed.  He chose this beautiful hotel, Ett Hem, which used to be someone's home.  This is the common area.




Breakfast was included with the stay, as well as "fika" which is cake and coffee or tea every day around 3 pm, which proves that I am Swedish because that is right around the time I want a snack every day.  The first day we were there for fika, but the other days, we were out.  This is a cardamom cake with fresh strawberries.




Julia and I borrowed bicycles from the hotel to ride to dinner


Outside the hotel at night.  This is at 10 pm and is about as dark as it got.  


At the airport...



2 comments:

shaunacd said...

Oh my! that looks like a fantastic place, I hope you liked it as well as any hotel you might have been in. Trevor's a big help isn't he?

Jill said...

cardamom cake. Looking for recipes now!