Thursday, July 4, 2019

Oslo

My first day in Oslo, I went to the Nobel Peace Center.  They had on display pictures and bios of all the Nobel Peace Prize winners.  It was very interesting..



Then I visited the Norwegian Resistance Museum.  It was closed, but I walked around the grounds.






The second day, I wanted to go to the Henrik Ibsen Museum.  I had tried to go here last time I visited Oslo, which was about 10 years ago.  I don't remember what happened, if we ran out of time or couldn't find it, but I never went.  So this time, I definitely wanted to find it.  There are lines from Ibsen's plays on the sidewalks throughout the city.  





When I finally found it, it was closed.  
This made me laugh because when I was traveling with Esther throughout Norway, she learned a few Norwegian words -- "Is" (ice cream), "treng peng" (I need money) and "stengt" (closed), because so many things were closed when we got there.  



This is the Palace.  There was a group of people waiting in front of the palace and I didn't know what was going on.  Then a car went by and the king was in the car and we all waved.  I have now seen the king three times!  


Near the palace is this art museum named after Queen Sonja. 







3 comments:

shaunacd said...

Thanks for the picts, gives us a feel for your adventures.

Valerie said...

Such beautiful buildings! Bummer about the closed museum

Jill said...

Very cool!