Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Olso part 2

Oslo has changed a lot since I lived there.  They closed down most of the streets downtown to cars, which makes it a really nice place for walking (and is also good for the environment).  They added this scooter-sharing program.  These scooters are scattered all around town and you can just find one, unlock it with an app on your phone, and then ride them around town.  When you are done, just leave it wherever you want.  



Oslo harbor. I took a ferry and I was the only one on the boat for the first part of the trip.  


One of the island stops, I jumped off the boat and took these pictures.



Another thing that has changed is that they built this Opera house, which must be good because my friend Trevor has come to Oslo twice for opera.  Approaching the Opera house from the boat.


this is an exhibit with shirts draped over all the wooden slats.  They are becoming discolored and tattered in the weather.  



More pictures of the Opera house. 


Here is a man-made iceberg.


I got off the boat and walked up and around the building.


Outside of the Grand Hotel.




I stopped in for hot chocolate and a "bolle". 



Statue of Henrik Ibsen outside the National Theater


My favorite yogurt














I tried to find a Portuguese bakery and it was "stengt." 


By afternoon, the skies had cleared up.  
Here's a view of Karl Johan's and the famous Freia chocolate sign.  


Here is the best "bolle" I had at the airport leaving Oslo for Sweden.



And an Ericsson 5G sign for Jill's benefit at the airport.  


4 comments:

shaunacd said...

One of my most favorite pictures is that one of you at Frogner Park.

Valerie said...

The man made iceberg is so funny!
Thanks for all the fun photos!

shaunacd said...

I'm really thankful for internet and blogs, to see the things you get to do.

Jill said...

those sculptures are very interesting and weird