Monday, October 15, 2012

Dough Girls

Over the weekend, Kathy and I took a little trip to western PA.  On the way, we stopped at this little restaurant called Dough Girls, where rumor has it they make the best cinnamon rolls ever. Not one to back away from such a claim, we had to see if the rumor was true. So I can tell you that the cinnamon rolls were good, and these had maple flavored frosting, but I've had better.

BUT the whoopie pies were out of this world. 

When we got there, I was asking about the flavors of their whoopie pies and the girl behind the counter said, "I don't know what you're talking about."  After I repeated my question, another woman working there piped up and told me the flavors.  The girl just looked at her weird, and the woman said, "She's asking about the gobs." 

We both just looked at each other, as if to say, "You call them WHAT?" 


No comments: