Sunday, August 26, 2012

My birthday week

 For my birthday this year, I spent the weekend in one of my favorite places (New Jersey) with three of my favorite people (Jill, Chris and LT). 
The weekend started with a red velvet cupcake from Crumbs, which a friend gave me. 



Here's Jilly Lou making my cake.  I asked for chocolate cake, so she went ahead and made a chocolate ganache.  So rich and delicious.  And three layers!

In the morning, we stopped at one of the many diners for which New Jersey is famous.  This is the Americana.  This photo doesn't necessarily capture it, but I got the most amazing brunch -- Monte Cristo French Toast.  It was so good. 



Overall, a good and low-key birthday.  Next year, I hope to be somwhere listening to John Mayer, but if that doesn't happen, then I hope it's just as sweet as this birthday. 

2 comments:

shaunacd said...

OOOh, that breakfast looks like too much! Happy birthday.

Ang said...

Looks as close to perfection as possible!