Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cupcakes -- Orem style

I was in Utah for the holidays. I spent Christmas with my parents in Moab, and then drove up to Provo to see Julia and her new, old, beautiful house, then went a bit further north for a get-together with some of my mission friends. I think it's awesome that I have known these people for almost 20 years and we still talk and meet up when we can. (Those that live in Utah see each other more than I do, of course.)




Also on the list of things to do was to see if Utah people could do cupcakes the right way. As Julia said, "If there is anything people in Utah should be able to do well, it's cupcakes." These were pretty good, from The Chocolate, but I would not say they are top 10. I brought these to my mission reunion and only tried the Vanilla/vanilla and Peanut butter /chocolate. They did have lots of really delicious looking things and maybe someday I'll get to try something else.





From top left: Pineapple coconut, Vanilla/vanilla, Peanut butter/ chocolate, Red velvet.

3 comments:

Jeremy said...

I can say that the coconut one was pretty tasty. And it was all the better with the great conversations we were having at the party that night! (And now I regret not eating another cupcake to help me stay awake during the drive home at 2:00 in the morning!)

Valerie said...

Those look yummy.
Did you get a photo of her cute house?

shaunacd said...

Looking good, Sonya. We miss you.