Friday, December 23, 2011

Fall TV -- winners and losers

So, to follow up on my previous post about fall TV, here are the shows that I am still watching.
Up All Night -- as expected, Will Arnet is funny and I like the relationship between Regan and Chris. Maya Rudolf is also really great.

New Girl -- I know some people think Zooey Deschannel is just a little too cute and quirky, which I get, but I think she's great. I like the relationship between her and the three roommates, and I think they are all great in their own way.

Whitney has been getting panned (at least by EW), but I kind of like it. I really only like Whitney and her boyfriend and enjoy their relationship, but find all of the supporting characters super boring. So I don't love it, but like it well enough.

I'm also watching Revenge and I like it. It's pretty silly, in a soapy kind of way, but since I was a big fan of "Dallas" in the 80s, I guess it's not surprising that there is something that appeals to me.

I didn't put Suburgatory in my original post, but this one has been a surprise. If you ever watched "Veronica Mars", it kind of reminds me of that show although it's a comedy instead of a mystery.


I gave up these new shows:


"Ringer"


"Terra Nova"


"Pan Am"


"Two Broke Girls"


Returning shows:


Loving "Parenthood" (except for the boring plotlines with Julia and the annoying Max).


Loving "Parks and Recreation"


Getting sort of sick of "The Office"


Also getting sick of "Glee", but still love Blaine and that keeps me tuned in for now.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Agreed. I LOVE Schmidt - not surprising given my track record.