Friday, August 6, 2010

PNC

For JM's current tour, I decided that I had to limit my ticket purchases. After all, I'm not made of money and I'm saving for India. So I decided that I was only going to see him at Jones Beach and in San Diego on my birthday. Two shows! Could I do it?? After all, Leolani was going to NINE New Kids on the Block shows this spring/summer, how could I only do two? Then some things happened in my personal life that bummed me out. My roommate of nearly three years told me she was moving to Atlanta and I seriously entertained the thought of living alone. I thought of the scenarios that would make it possible, but in the end, decided that if I wanted to do things I enjoy most, I would have to find someone to move in to my spare bedroom. Luckily, someone fell into my lap and I didn't have to work at all to find someone and she's not a performer (a rarity among people looking for rooms to rent in NYC), so it all worked out.

But that meant that I was going to go to as many JM shows as I want, dammit!! The downside of making the decision at this late date is that my seats are not as good as what I'm used to. I got tickets for the NJ show (one of my favorite venues, although a pain in the butt to get to) and to the Hartford show. Jill agreed to go with me to the NJ show, which is awesome since she lives only about 30 minutes away. I also invited my new bro-in-law and he told me John Mayer is a TOOL?!? Now that he's family, he is over being on his best behavior, I guess.


This was my favorite number from the show. It's not one of my favorites from the new album, but was great live. Love the addition of the harmonica!


1 comment:

shaunacd said...

what does "a tool" mean as a description. Anyway, glad you have a sister close enough to spend time with.