Friday, August 27, 2010

Let's get this party started

I like to celebrate my birthday for as long as possible, so I started over the weekend. LT, Candace & I took the bus home with Jill after work on Friday night and stayed with her for the whole weekend. We started out the weekend right at Captain Ed's for dinner with lots of yummy seafood. I wish I got a picture of Jill's crab legs. Ridiculous.

On Saturday, we got up bright and early and went to the beach. Jill is lucky to live just a few minutes from the Jersey shore (and yet hasn't embraced the GTL culture quite yet). Here we are, protecting our skin from the aging effects of the sun. Nothing like a birthday to remind you about that. This picture was taken while Jill was at home, making me a cake. Yes, she left early and sacrificed a few hours of sun worshipping in the beautiful August weather (said without a hint of sarcasm -- we really are having a beautiful August) to make me a tres leches cake.

The next day, the cake looked like this. As you can see, it wasn't good at all (said with more than a hint of sarcasm).

No comments: