Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Culmination

The highlight of my big day was 2 + hours with my boyfriend. As usual, he put on a great show. Here are Anne Lise and me waiting for the show to start. We got there a full hour before the opening act (Owl City) so I got a new t-shirt and a poster to remember my big day.

Because I got tickets through the fan club, we got GREAT seats. We were in the sixth row, over to the right side.


Yes, I did bring a sign, made by my cute sister, Valerie, but he didn't see it. Some people had the fantasy for me that he would see the sign, think I'm awesome, and bring me up on stage. But since I would probably pass out and die, I didn't really want that to happen.

On the way home, we got In N Out Burgers and shakes. PERFECT birthday.

4 comments:

One Sassy Princess said...

Hey...what about almost driving to Mexico first (teeheehee) I loved it...had such a great night!!! Thanks for letting me share in your day!

Valerie said...

I was SURE he would at least sing to you, maybe next year...

shaunacd said...

Wonderful sign and picture. He should know how devoted to him you are. If he'd seen it' I'm sure he would have sung to you.

Kathy said...

Sounds like a perfect b-day, starting with the cupcake for breakfast. That rocks. Plus John Mayer and In-and-Out in y beautiful hometown. Can't think of a better way to start 40.